In this online training, we’ll review from start to finish what to expect over the course of a quality improvement (QI) project. This training was developed for people that will be helping to facilitate QI projects within their agency and are looking for helpful tools, templates and experience. Registering for this training gives you access to an online micro-course, which includes the online modules + Live Learning Sessions with a subject-matter expert. The micro-course was developed in partnership with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment’s Office of Partnership, Planning and Improvement and the Colorado Association for Local Public Health Officials (CALPHO) for public health agencies in Colorado; however, those working in other states and in other settings may find it useful as well.
What to Expect
- This course takes 4 weeks to complete.
- Online course materials
- You will be sent an invitation to the Learning Management System (Canvas) approximately 2 weeks before the first Live Learning Session. You will need to sign in, do some activities and make sure that you know how to connect to the Live Learning Session. Don’t worry about the technology! We have staff to help you. You’ll receive all the information you need once you log in.
- There will be a short assignment to complete in preparation for each live session. (Live sessions go quickly. Doing the activities and assignments helps you use the time well.)
- Live Sessions
- A facilitator will lead guided discussions and activities related to the online content with you and your classmates.
- A topic expert will also be on hand to answer questions and engage in the discussion.
- Live sessions give you the opportunity to connect concepts of evidence-based decision making to your daily work.
- You must join the Live Learning Sessions by video (an external webcam or built-in camera in your laptop, tablet, or smartphone). Our staff can help you get set up if this is new for you.
Spring 2020 Registration opens February 7, 2020
Summer 2020 Registration opens March 20, 2020