Community Engagement and Coalition Building Virtual Workshop - October 13th - 2021
- Community Engagement and Coalition Building Virtual Workshop - October 13th - 2021
Registration currently not available
9:00am - 12:00pm MT
Community Dimensions of Practice Skills
Topics covered in the virtual workshop will include:
- Principles and overview of community engagement including
- Recruiting community members/neighbors including:
- Stakeholder analysis – determining who is important to involve
- Strategies to encourage their involvement
- Meeting planning and design to encourage community participation and engagement
- Decision-making strategies that seek maximum appropriate involvement of stakeholders
- Retention strategies
- Describe meeting planning and design strategies that encourage participation and engagement.
- Identify key factors to support the recruitment and retention of community members.
- Conduct a stakeholder analysis.
- Describe how different coalition structures can help support different coalition needs and goals.
- Describe decision-making strategies that seek maximum appropriate involvement of stakeholders.
Length of Learning Opportunity
Click on the green "Register Now" button at the top left of this page. You will need to be logged in or will need to create an account prior to registering for this training. Creating an account will not automatically register you for this training. You will need to re-open this page and register. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with registration questions.
Presenter(s) and/or Content Experts
Facilitation of the training will be provided by Sarah Davis. Sarah’s background includes coalition leadership, including with the smoke-free movement in Colorado in the early 2000s, Colorado Amendment 35 tobacco tax, and with Nevada’s smoke-free casino efforts until 2014, when she joined the RM-PHTC. Sarah is a graduate from the Interaction Institute’s Facilitative Leadership for Social Change program and she holds a Masters degree in Nonprofit Management.
Registration is limited to individuals from Colorado, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, or Wyoming