Managing Effective Coalitions - Community of Practice (CoP)
WHAT TO EXPECT
Come chat once a month with colleagues who are managing, leading, or supporting coalitions in their community. We will explore successes, challenges, ideas, and solutions for building effective coalitions that create and sustain lasting change.
A Community of Practice is a group of professionals who come together to discuss a topic or issue they all have in common. By joining this Community of Practice, you are saying you have something to share from your own work with coalitions - and that you have things that you want to learn, to advance your practice in this area.
The Managing Effective Coalitions Community of Practice will be facilitated and each month's topic will be sent out to registrants in advance and feedback provided will shape the conversation for each month. There will not be any formal presentation, though, and the conversation will be driven by the participants.
Anyone working with a coalition tackling issues related to public health, behavioral health, or environmental health located in the states of CO, MT, ND, SD, UT, or WY is invited to participate. You do not need to attend every month.
SESSION SCHEDULE & TOPICS
Below is the schedule for these live sessions:
- 09/13 - Clear Roles and Accountability
- 10/11 - Community Assessment and Priority Setting
- 11/08 - Empowering Leadership and Management
- 12/13 - Cultural Competency in Community Building
- 01/10 - Decision Making/Facilitation
- 02/14 - Implementing Promising Community Interventions
- 03/14 - Communications to Promote Interest and Participation
- 04/11 - 6 Rs of Engagement
- 05/09 - Power Dynamics
- 06/13 - Evaluating Community Programs
WHAT PREVIOUS PARTICIPANTS HAVE SHARED
We asked participants from the previous group (held 2021-2022) to share their thoughts on what they found to be most valuable about participating in this CoP. You can see some of their feedback below:
- "Interaction and networking opportunity, acquiring of knowledge that could be used in local communities"
- "Guided discussions, hearing from peers, peer connection, resources shared during Community of Practice"
- "Peer to peer learning; being able to discuss topics with others and learn from their experiences"
Still not sure if this Community of Practice (CoP) is what you're looking for? We encourage you to still register and join us for an upcoming session!